- 200g Arborio rice
- One very finely chopped onion
- 3cl white wine
- Half a litre of chicken stock
- 5cl of liquid cream
- Four pieces of raw foie gras, allow 50g per serving
For the emulsified butter sauce
- One very finely chopped shallot
- 2cl of white port
- 10g of chopped truffles
- 150g of Isigny Saint-Mère AOC butter
- Fine salt, freshly ground pepper
Brown the onion in some butter at the bottom of a thick bottomed pan and add the rice. Deglaze the pan with the white wine, reduce and add the chicken stock, a little at a time, until the rice is cooked. Add the liquid cream and keep warm. Check the seasoning. Meanwhile, pan fry the four pieces of foie gras and put them to one side on a piece of kitchen towel to absorb the excess fat.
In a thick bottomed pan, reduce the shallot and the port until almost dry. Remove from the heat and use a whisk to emulsify the butter, adding a little at a time. Check the seasoning and then assemble all the elements on a plate, hot and topped with a sprinkling of finely shredded black truffle. Serve immediately.