Rapid Bluefin tuna, with browned butter and ginger soy sauce
- Four pieces of bluefin tuna (120g each) trimmed into cubes (approximately 4cm)
- 50g of Isigny Sainte-Mère butter
- 3cl of soy sauce
- 10g of peeled and finely shredded ginger
- Four pieces of raw foie gras, about 40g per serving
- A few leaves of coriander and flat parsley
- Some chopped chives
- Fine salt, freshly ground pepper and a few salt crystals for decoration
Method, starting with browned butter Heat the butter in a thick bottomed pan on a gentle heat until it separates, then let the white milk solids brown gently to a hazelnut colour, no more. Add the soy sauce, remove from the heat and check the seasoning, add the shredded ginger and put to one side, to keep warm.
In a hot pan, sear the tuna cubes on each face, followed by the pieces of foie gras. Make up the plates immediately, starting with a piece of tuna, adding a piece of foie gras, coating these with the soy sauce butter and garnished with a few fresh herbs and salt crystals. You can serve julienne (finely sliced) vegetables with this dish, or a few salsify roots or some Chinese (egg) noodles.