- 40 small macaroons (unfilled blanks) about 3cm diameter
- 10 fresh sardines (not canned)
- 50g of liquid cream
- 150g specialité laitière au fromage blanc
- 10g finely chopped capers
- Two anchovy fillets, reduced to a fine purée
- The juice and the zest of one lime
- 10 coarsely chopped black olives
- A drizzle of olive oil
- One soup spoon of chopped fresh chives
- Table salt, freshly ground pepper
- 200g coarse sea salt for preparing the sardines
- Another drizzle of olive oil
Fillet the sardines, grind the pepper mill over them generously, then cover them in sea salt for half an hour to cure. Rinse off the salt under running water, pat dry and drizzle a little olive oil over them.
For the macaroon filling:
Whisk together the specialite laitière au fromage blanc and the liquid cream, add the capers, the lime, the olives and the anchovy purée, adjust the seasoning and fill a forcing bag with the mix. Decorate the bottom macaroon of each pair with a little of the takanashi mix, add a sardine fillet and complete the ensemble by adding the top macaroon.
Serve with an aperitif.
Variations on this savoury macaroon combination include slivers of smoked salmon or smoked herring instead of the sardine fillet.